Joint venture initiative to convert an open portal frame storage barn into a light industrial butchery workspace.
This process involved applying for some European Funding assistance as well as negotiating the best terms for the remaining funding between the Landlord and the End User.
Before & After
A fully functioning butchery handling clean carcasses in temperature controlled conditions (fridge and freezer) for the wholesale and retail markets established from open storage shed.
Space for up to 5 butchers created and with adjoining office space for the admin support and marketing sides of the business.
After agreeing the conversion costs, the building’s conversion took place to meet the move-in date of the existing business, which was relocating from smaller premises elsewhere.
ASKARI handled the grant application process, the JV negotiations and also delivered the light industrial space in good time for a seamless move to the new premises.
- Size – 2000 ft2 of successfully converted office and light industrial space created
- Budget – £93,000
- Timescale – 11 week conversion timeline, Spring 2012
- Planning permission obtained on first application
- Successful transition from one operating location to new premises
- Space for up to 5 full-time butchers to be employed
- Office space created for up to 3 admin/marketing people
- Mid-term lease and JV terms working for both parties
- Return On Investment: 32%
- Payback period: 3.0 years